top of page
EXTRA CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES AND SPORTS FIXTURES
At JAS, we encourage our students to discover their passion and further their interests in activities that extend beyond the curriculum. Our diverse and broad Extra Curricular Activities programme not only allows students to develop their knowledge, experience and understanding in a range of new activities, but provides opportunities for them to build and enhance new relationships with others in the school community.
ECAs are subject to strict health and safety protocols and, as such, the number of options we are able to offer are limited. We anticipate that options will gradually increase throughout the year. Please take note of the following:
- Students who are taking part in PE lessons or a sport ECA must come into school in their PE kit. Students will remain in their PE kit all day.
- Changing facilities will be used for swimming lessons and swimming ECAs only.
- Paid ECAs, run by external providers will be available from FS2 - Y6.
- School-run ECAs, run by JAS staff, will be available from Y3-Y12.
- DASSA is working together to ensure there is a safe return to competitive fixtures. These may return later this term.
- Swimming will return to both the PE curriculum and the ECA programme adhering to the Dubai Sports Council guidelines (more details to follow).
- We are excited to welcome 3 extra members to the PE department who will support both the school curriculum as well as our ECA programme.
*The Dubai Affiliated School Sport Association (DASSA) is the largest and longest running school sports association in the UAE. Fully inclusive and open to all schools in Dubai, DASSA organises leagues and competitions that gives students of all ages and abilities the opportunity to represent their school and showcase their talents in a structured and safe sporting environment.
bottom of page